If you are a woman who struggles with alcohol use, then seeking treatment at a Women’s Alcohol Detox Program is critical for your health and sobriety. When you participate in a women’s detox program in Houston, you will gain the benefits of a supportive and professional atmosphere. With therapists skilled in dealing with alcohol addiction, you can come through with the strength and healing of a brand-new person.
Women’s Alcohol Detox Program
At a women’s alcohol detox program, you will begin your journey by withdrawing from alcohol. Most people begin experiencing alcohol withdrawal symptoms about 6 hours after their last drink, although that time can vary a few hours. During this time, you may feel irritable and moody. You also may not feel well. Some people even vomit or experience other stomach distress. Shakiness and sweating are also common. Once you pass through this, you’ll get to the second phase.
The second phase of alcohol detox happens about 24-72 hours after the last drink. You may feel some confusion and disorientation. Some people who have been drinking heavily for a long time deal with tremors, hallucinations, and seizures. It is critical to be in the care of a women’s alcohol rehab center. They will ensure that you are well cared for. In addition, you may receive comfort medicines to help ease the suffering.
Therapy During Detox
Therapy is another crucial part of a detox program. While you stay in an alcohol detox center, you will take part in therapy sessions to aid in the healing process. The therapy will teach you more about how addiction works and why you became addicted in the first place. Some of the therapies you will participate in include:
- • Cognitive behavioral therapy — this involves helping you change negative thinking patterns that are based on a false premise to positive thinking.
- • Dialectical behavioral therapy — this therapy helps you cope with overpowering emotions, challenging interpersonal relationships, and self-control.
- • Trauma therapy — you will heal from past traumas through this type of therapy.
- • Family therapy — reconnect with family members that can sometimes become estranged during drug addiction.
- • Individual therapy — spend one-on-one time with a therapist to discuss your problems and find strategies for coping.
These are a few of the therapies you’ll participate in while at a women’s alcohol rehab center. Your therapist will guide you in setting up a treatment plan that works best for your particular needs.
Find Hope And Health Today
If you are struggling with substance addiction, begin your journey to healing today by seeking treatment at a women’s alcohol detox center. There is no need to struggle alone during this difficult journey. You can connect with others who are going through similar problems that you are going through. Through detox and therapy, you will find hope and healing. Find the expertise and compassion of professional doctors and therapists who will guide you along every step of the journey.
When you get started in rehab, a professional therapist will create a treatment plan with you that includes the type of program that would work best for your lifestyle.
These treatment plans are as follows:
- • Drug and alcohol detox treatment program
- • Residential treatment program
- • Partial hospitalization treatment program
- • Intensive outpatient treatment program
- • Executive rehab treatment program
- • Dual diagnosis treatment program
During the admissions process, an evaluator will take down your information and verify your insurance, then you can start your journey by completing an evaluation to discuss treatment and therapy programs with a therapist.
Don’t wait until alcohol abuse steals your dreams. You can overcome your addiction and pain by reaching out to a Women’s Alcohol Detox Program today.